wanna rip apart my ghia and build something else .. but what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna rip apart my ghia and build something else .. but what

i want to tear down the ghia and build something else. something more fender like. a john mayer clean tone. that i can use with a nylon acoustic. what would be good.

you mean ghia as in a Dr Z Carmen Ghia?

Why on earth would you want to do that? Sell it and buy parts for a fresh build. Or keep it and just build something new. Why tear apart a perfectly good amp?
    In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

+1 on that. I'm not a big Dr.Z amp fan, but that is a desirable amp that would probably sell for almost what you paid even if you bought it new. If it's an older one it may even be collectible FAIK. You should sell it and buy a different amp.

Chuck
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I have a Hammond AO-43 chassis which I will sell to you. It is very similar, if not identical, to the original Hammond reverb amp that Z made the first Ghias from. Tear THAT up, not the Ghia. Let me know if you are interested!
        Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X