Pics of new build (95% complete)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of new build (95% complete)

100w ab763 single channel. Second channel will be added later.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 01-22-2009, 11:29 PM.
    ~F
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Looks clean and tidy. Good work. How's it sound?

Comment

Originally posted by txstrat View Post
      Looks clean and tidy. Good work. How's it sound?
      Haha I'm siting at my desk with about 5 resistors and an input jack that needs to go in before I can answer that! It's passed the smoke test though and I'm getting 0 to -47v of bias range, so I'll let you know when I plug a guitar in!
      ~F

Comment

Originally posted by fdesalvo View Post
        Haha I'm siting at my desk with about 5 resistors and an input jack that needs to go in before I can answer that! It's passed the smoke test though and I'm getting 0 to -47v of bias range, so I'll let you know when I plug a guitar in!
        i'd suggest putting a resistor into the bias supply so you cant actually bump it down to zero. -25 or so will be plenty low for any tubes, but give you some time to notice redplating before the tubes go bad.

Comment

24v to- -47v
          ~F

Comment

assuming its -24 that should be good.

nice amp by the way, have any sound clips yet?

Comment

I should be finished this friday- tubes are still in transit along with bias test points, and cover plates for empty sockets. I have to install grid resistors for the 6l6s and a few other bits. I'll likely have to do some tweaking onc she's alive, but shouldn't be too involved. I'll get some clips up soon- thanks for the kind words.
              ~F

Comment

I see you are running your shielded wires over the preamp section of the amp. I did ths on my first Vibrroverb build and when I turned the treble up to 10 (for testing), I got a horrible oscillation. I ended up running them under the board. Apparently the signal was coupling to the preamp section right through the shielded cable. Just a FYI..

Comment

Originally posted by tubeman View Post
                  I see you are running your shielded wires over the preamp section of the amp. I did ths on my first Vibrroverb build and when I turned the treble up to 10 (for testing), I got a horrible oscillation. I ended up running them under the board. Apparently the signal was coupling to the preamp section right through the shielded cable. Just a FYI..
                  I've got no noises or issues at all- just glorious and massive tone- dead quiet too- good looking out, though. I'll have to update the pics- it's in it's head box now. I am waiting on some diff tolex and a cooling fan to arrive.
                  ~F

Comment

Working...
                  X