about blues junior power transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about blues junior power transformer

Hi, I'm building a guitar amp similar to blues junior but I'm a beginner in to that, in order to buy the power transformer i would like to know what secondary tensions have this transformer? and if I buy a transformer with primary 240V/50V and in my country there is 230V/50Hz, will it work correctly?
    thanks and sorry for my english

If your mains voltage is 230v and the transformer is intended for 240v, your secondary voltages (tensions) will be about 4% or 5% lower than normal. The amplifier should work well even so.

Can you buy Fender transformers at reasonable cost where you are? if so, you could buy a Blues Junior transformer. Otherwise you could look on the schematic for the blues junior for voltages. I don;t know off hand what they are.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

In spain (where I live) there are no Fender Transformers, and the blues junior schematic confuses me a little bit, because it seems as if the voltages in secondary where not correct, I show you the schematic you would be able to understand better than me, thanks!!

Comment

There are three secondaries. There are test points to measure them on the drawing.

The brown wires are a 20v winding - one side is grounded and the other measures 20VAC to chassis.

The red wires are the high voltage. SInce the resulting DC after rectification is 329v, I'd have to think the AC voltage there is about 230VAC. (230 x 1.414 = 325, close enough) The test point says you would read about 130VAC at one end of that winding. I don;t know if that is accurate or not, since no part of the winding is grounded to chassis.

The green wires are for the heaters and would be 6.3VAC. SInce they have a "virtual center tap" to ground, you would read about 3VAC on either end of it to chassis.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

One more question

If I decide to order a custom transformer to a transformer's manufacturer for my blues junior, Should I give more info than the input/output voltages? thanks again!

Comment

Oops, nevermind. Right answer to wrong thread...
              Last edited by RogerWilco99; 03-13-2009, 02:09 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot...

Comment

Working...
              X