Amoeg SVT bass switch type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amoeg SVT bass switch type

I have been puzzling over the ampeg SVT schematic for about an hour now looking at the rocker switch for the bass select and the mid tone select, and cannot decide what type of switch it is. It doesn't seem to fit the typical DPDT switch schema that I am used to...It has to have three throws, because it has three positions...Any suggestions???

Those switches are commonly called Slide switches. In the 8 pin type, (there are two independant sides) a short piece of metal connects two adjacent contacts. On one side first 1 and 2, 2 and 3 in the middle position and 3 and 4 in the third position. A second contact on the other side does the same thing. I think SwitchCraft was the original maker.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thanks..

Thanks - I think I figured it out, you need a four pole triple throw to replace it. Does anyone may anything similar to the original these days?

Comment

I know you can get the contact configuration but the rocker-actuator might be impossible. I looked on Fliptops and they have nothing even close.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

fliptops was my first stop...

I know, and I was bummed. Fliptops was my first stop to look for what these were....

Comment

Is the switch unrepairable? These slide switches can be taken apart (carefully bend up the tabs), cleaned, retensioned and put back together, if they're not physically broken. A busted handle can be s-glued. If it's the actuator, you might be SOL.

I'd have to check my V4 (it's @ the jam space), but I thought they were made by Stackpole, although many others made them, too.

Comment

Not a replacement...

but building a new unit entirely....

Comment

I actually realized shortly after I posted that I was in the "Build Your Amp" aisle, and you weren't looking for a replacement. Sorry.

A quick google search for "slide switch" brought up some stuff. This one's from the first likely suspect:
                http://www.e-switch.com/pdf/EG.pdf

I think something like part# EG 2601 might do (~ 7/8 of the way down the doc).

Comment

Working...
                X