Vibroverb board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibroverb board

Anybody know or can measure the dimensions (width and length) of a 6G16 vibroverb eyelet board?

Thanks,
    David

Maybe looking at descriptions on commercial sales sites for such boards looking for dimensions.?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I haven't been able to find anyone selling the brown vibroverb board. I want to maybe build one into a head with the trannys and tubes standing up so I need to make a mirror image of the eyelet board. I have the Fender layout to go by but I'd like to know the approximate dimensions to get started with.

Thanks,
      Daivd

Comment

Is there any reason to think that Leo might have used a standard size board for amps of that relative size. For example, might it be a similar (overall) in size to later models such as a AA763?

Maybe buying in bulk would have made sense at the time as it does today.

Just speculation without doing any research...having said that...I am sure the exact dimension will be available from somewhere or someone.

Just my 2 cents.
        Mandopicker

Comment

Marsh Amps has them. No affiliation, just happened to know.

MPM

Comment

Originally posted by dwhutchens View Post
            I want to maybe build one into a head with the trannys and tubes standing up so I need to make a mirror image of the eyelet board.
            Interesting; I'm considering the exact same thing as I picked up suitable iron cheap. Have you found a suitable reverb tank that's designed to hang from the top rather than sit on the bottom? Look forward to your build.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_k View Post
              Have you found a suitable reverb tank that's designed to hang from the top rather than sit on the bottom? Look forward to your build.
              The tank I have has holes along the edge. I was going to put some rubber grommets in the holes and just loosely screw it to the top above the transformers or will it pick up hum sitting above them?

Comment

The accutronics tanks are designed to be mounted a certain way. The 7th character in the tank code indicates the intended mounting position.

A = horizontal,open side up
                B = horizontal, open side down
                C = vertical wall,long axis horizontal, connectors up
                D = vertical wall, long axis horizontal, connectors down
                E = vertical wall, long axis vertical, input up
                F = vertical wall, long axis vertical, output up

Ideally, you'd use one with an "A" as the 7th character

Comment

Given the correct mount, you could probably get away with mounting above the transformers. I only say that because my Chieftain Reverb is quite tight also. Everything is in close proximity of each other. The metal tank on the reverb is essentially a shield. Success is probably more in the details of wiring with good cable, etc.
                  Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
                  Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

Hi dw

FWIW when I make my eyelet boards, I measure them to fit in the chassis I make, so that they are 'high' and 'long' enough to hold the type of components that need to go on there without cramping the chassis, if that is any help. I don't believe there is any need to make an exact facsimilie of the original, as long as it functions without unwanted hums etc.
                    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
                    X