Need reverb tank part # for a heathkit ta-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need reverb tank part # for a heathkit ta-17

I am r-ing and d-ing a new amp design for a diy group. I want to use the reverb circuit from the heathkit ta-17. Can anyone post the accutronic replacement # for me TO use?

I WOULD love to get any assistance that i can on this project.

Thank you

ivey

Gentlemen:

The reverb tank is also in the TA-16, as well as the TA-17. I just need a Accutronic's cross number for the tank. I am building the amp from scracth.
    Please, help me out. Please.

Thank You

Ivey

Comment

I just replaced my TA-16 reverb tank with a 4FB3A1B. I purchased a MOD version from AES for $18.00. It is working fine.

Comment

Thank You!!!

For a time, I thought my request would go unanswered. But God Bless you for your kindness.

Guitarle, I have this project, of designing and building a complete solid state guitar amp with only transistors and no IC's.

Sounds simple and it has been done before. But I want to do it using as many junks parts as possible, salvaged from old solid state tv's, vcr's, and other 1970's to 1998 electronics. I want the cost to be no more than $60.00 US, delivering up to 75 watts RMS or more,; depending on the output transistors used and the power transformer size. Included is tremolo, reverb, and fuzz. Or $100.00 US, using a medium sum of new parts.

Heathkit, Fender, Gibson, Standel, and a host of others will supply the circuit designs for the project.

There will be simple pcb designs, that can be done at home using only a Sharpies,a pencil, and piece of perfboard, layout down on top of your single sided board. Like connect the dots, method of pcb construction.

If the persons what to increase the power, or improve on the project. They can do that as well. There will be two project styles. The princeton style, which is up to 30 watts; and the twin reveb style , up to 70 watts.

In fact, it can be done for less than the $30.00, if the person is well connected with friends, who have a stash of junk parts.

Woodwork will be kept simple, with no fancy joints or carpenter work. And the outside finish, will be very very easy, durable, and ready access materials will cost around.

Sheet metal work is also simple. With no large holes to drill. And I will provide the drawings and instructions on how to make a heatsink that can handle 80 watts of power, using flat pak transistors, like TIP33-36's.

So thank you for your assistance, this helps me a great deal.

You may say that this is stupid. And I thought about that as well. Then I took a look at the Fender 65R and 212R, and I knew that no regular guitar guy could sit down with the schematic, read and understand it. Without it taking weeks, if not months to fix it, without the help and assistance of someone else.

So. Thanks

Take Care

Ivey

Comment

guitarle

I received the reverb tank about two weeks earlier, been rather under the weather, but thanks alot for the information on the tank.

Take Care

Ivey

Comment

Working...
          X