Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First build...Ceriatone BF Champ Clone

Hello

I am new to the forum and am planning on building this circuit/layout as my first build.
    I want to thank everyone in the forum for making so much helpful information available.
    I have sourced most of the parts/components and will certainly have questions as I proceed.

Any comments regarding essential changes, etc related to this layout would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Attached Files

You must use isolated input and speaker jacks to make the grounding arrangement work. Switchcraft type jacks where the ground side of the circuit touches the chassis will cause hum problems.

If your transformer does not have an internal shield, marked 'E' on the layout, do not just ground any wires that you don't understand. There should be infinite resistance between the 'E' wire and all other wires. You should measure the resistance of all the windings before you start wiring to verify that proper connections are made and any wires that aren't needed are isolated.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thank you very much for your response and advice.

The PT I am planning to use is a old Stancor Model PC 8408.
      I have a .pdf of the specs, but I can't seem to be able to attach the .pdf

There is no "E" (internal shield) on the primary.

The secondary is:

340-0-340 @ 70 MA DC
      6.3 VCT @ 2.5 A
      5.0 V @ 2.0 A

Is this a reasonable choice, given that the circuit calls for 320-0-320 V ?

The OT is a Hammond 125ESE

Thanks again

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X