Looking for a schematic for a new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a schematic for a new project

I'm wondering if anyone has a schematic already drawn up that will work for this situation.

I have a PT (H-AO-22111-1) I believe the specs are "355-0-355V unloaded and 320-0-320V @ 150mA, 5V @ 3A, 6.3V @ 4A"

It powered a 2x 6v6 power amp. I'm looking to build an amp with a 2x 6v6 output into a single 12" speaker . Looking for a plexi or similarly overdriven sound that I can use at low volume in parallel with a Princeton dialed up clean for a wet/dry or clean/dirty sound.

I also have an OT pulled from the same amp(AO-29-1B from a 1950's Hammond M3 Organ). It is AO-20935-4 and I believe it powered a field coil speaker. Would I be able to somehow use this same OT for typical guitar speakers?

I'm not skilled enough to design a circuit myself, so I'm looking for one that would work for me here. Thanks.
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

One tiny hitch is that the original amp used a rectifier tube and a plexi doesn't. The type of rectification will affect the attack/decay compression envelope. Not using the rectifier tube with that PT will likely result in an HV higher than you'd want for a pair of 6V6's. But don't despair. There are other ways to reduce voltage that are a little cumbersome, but not expensive or difficult to implement.

I might suggest a TrainWreck Express type circuit. Though the topography is more like a Fender amp, the tone is definitely very Marshall-y. And there will be no lack of gain if you want to really wail. Plus, there is a ton of good info on the circuit AND the layout. That makes it much more likely that you won't end up with oscillation or excessive noise problems. There is a lot of open space in the layout and it's a fairly low part count amp. So it's a pretty easy build.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yeah man, a trainwreck sound would work just fine.

Any way to use the OT I already have or will I need to get a different one?
      ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

You should be able to use the OT you have. The OT circuit is exclusive of the field coil circuit. The field coil is most likely the choke in the power supply. You won't even need it. You will need to know the speakers ohms though.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
        X