adding reverb to the ax84 p1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding reverb to the ax84 p1

I am trying to add reverb to my p1 Single ended p1 amp. I dont understand how to properly join the reverb circuit to the pre/ power amp. Could somebody please have a look at this and help me out? I appreciate any help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	865681

I am placing the reverb after the tonecontrol, so the preamp out, just before the volume control. The reverb circuit i copied, it is supposed to work well. The problem is, how is the link between the preamp and the reverb input best made, do i need a coupling cap there? Also, how about the reverb control pot? A pot to ground? And do i need a coupling cap going to Master vol or not?
    Lastly, must i Alter the existing connection between preamp out and master vol? Or can i leave the direct Link?

The "Marshallish type" is a draft idea. The other two are actual amps built by guys on the Hoffman Amp forum.

with respect, Tubenit
    Attached Files

Comment

Another one.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm trying to do it as described on this page, with a dual opamp:

http://roymal.tripod.com/reverb.htm

can it really be this simple? I have been fiddeling with the circuit, but I cant get it working. Is a 1M pot for the reverb control followed by 330k standard enough as a starting point?

Comment

I'm trying to do it as described on this page, with a dual opamp:

reverb2

can it really be this simple? I have been fiddeling with the circuit, but I cant get it working. Is a 1M pot for the reverb control followed by 330k standard enough as a starting point?

Comment

Working...
          X