Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating an amplifier

Hi.

I have (had) a Yamaha Electone series organ, now stripped down so I could get the whole power chord and on/off switch.
    I pardon in advance for my English, and for my total lack of experience with this.

But here is the case: I recently got four speakers, I want to use two of them (until I can afford a real amp / receiver) The two I want to use is at 4ohm and can manage 60watt I believe it was.
    The speaker in my organ is 8ohm 40watt.

I could take pictures and upload after I get an answer if there is possible, at all, without knowledge, to create an amp for my two speakers from my organ amp(?), I might add that my speakers or those I want to use have those red/black things behind them that you connect wires to and screw tight. But after I have done that, how would I connect the end of these cables onto my organ amp? Man, this is hard. I don't know all the words and I am green at this.

To make it short. What I have on the floor right now is that whole unit thing that the organ had which allows me to turn it on/off and connect the power cable / chord. And a buck load of wires.
    Maybe some pictures would help? Thanks in advance

Short answer is no.
    You need a certain minimum knowledge to make an amp ... like with anything else.
    Sorry.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yea, it does require a certain amount of knowledge to build amps, but an amp kit you can buy for an old tweed amp, or 18w marshall style, might work really well for this. You just might want to find the dimensions of your cabinet and see if you could fit the chassis of whatever kit you might build, and see if it would fit in your cabinet, or fit it with minor rebuilding. Or you could plain out buy a used amp for cheap, or buy a kit with everything but speakers, and build the amp, (using instructions of course) and install it in the cabinet provided, ( you'd have to check to make sure it comes with a cab) and use your speakers there. Or even maybe with a kit amp, you could fit the parts from the kit into the old organ chassis.

Comment

Working...
      X