Help - Schematic for an amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Schematic for an amplifier

I have been tinkering with a Carvin Vintage 33 off and on now for some years. Now it seems I'll have more time on my hands for some months and I'd like to give it a thorough work through. I have done a schematic based on the original but with a Fenderish tone stack. It seems ok when I simulate it in LTSpice, but still, I'd like some comments from you seasoned veterans.

The original power section sounded very good. However the phase inverter seems very bloated with components. I'm not nerd enough to redesign it or tell if all is needed. Ah well, feel free to comment all of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CV33ish.png
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	867203

Edit, R1000 and R1001 is only there to make the simulation possible.
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

The phase inverter looks to me like an utterly conventional "long-tailed pair" circuit. Not sure what parts you think are excess. COmpare it to something like a Fender amp.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      The phase inverter looks to me like an utterly conventional "long-tailed pair" circuit. Not sure what parts you think are excess. COmpare it to something like a Fender amp.
      Yeah... almost. Are R16 R37 and C17 there only to dump signal down to ground?
      Last edited by überfuzz; 03-19-2013, 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

These are your negative feedback & presence circuit.

R16 is the NFB load resistor, it's relationship with U13 determines how much of the output signal is fed back to the PI.

R37 & C17 look like a preset presence control. Look at a 59 Bassman, you'll see all these parts in that amp except a fixed resistor in place of U13.

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X