Traynor YBA-1 II badge dimensions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YBA-1 II badge dimensions needed

Does anyone have an amp with a badge the same as the one pictured? I need an accurate measurement of the total thickness of the badge and the depth from the face of the lettering to the textured relief.

Also, Could you take a closeup pic of the texturing?

http://music-electronics-forum.com/i...attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Files

All measurement are in inches. The badge has a metal backing plate that seems to be .050 thick. Overall, the thickness of the plastic badge and the backing plate measures .205 to .210. The lettering and outside frame measure between .050 and .047 high from the textured surface. My camera doesn't have very many pixels, but the zoom is insane.
    Attached Files
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

That's so helpful - exactly what I needed. Thanks for taking the time. My badge is missing so I need to make one as the prices are insane for a second-hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
        That's so helpful - exactly what I needed. Thanks for taking the time. My badge is missing so I need to make one as the prices are insane for a second-hand one.
        Really?!?

Wow. 19 years ago when I needed one, I had probably 4 different techs all offer me ones they had sitting around their parts bins. People used to dumb them while modding Traynors to Plexi's, and a lot of Traynors used to just be gutted for parts.

Comment

It's the mad way stuff goes. One day worthless, the next - priceless. The amps themselves are going up and up - the same amps that people tore the badges off. I was thinking I'd get a used badge for about £15. No chance. You can also get more money for a piece of Traynor grill gloth than you'd get for the Turin Shroud.

A few years back the Arion SCH-1 was to be found sitting with the dead wasps, flies and tumbleweed in music shop windows, getting bleached out in the sun. £12 would get you one. If you bought two the shop owner would throw in a good time with his daughter. Now guys buy them for £100 and bring them to me for modding. Just because Robin Trower or someone used one.

I'm waiting for the day that EJ say's he gets his tone by stuffing his amp with used cat litter. Then I'll be a millionaire.

Comment

Here's a first stab at the badge. It needs re-painting; the silver is some pound-shop crap I wish I'd never seen - it doesn't harden even when baked and stays slightly waxy. The only black I had to hand is some military stuff that's used to bond to steel for field weapons, and attempts to texture it failed. The tail of the T looks an odd angle because the black paint slightly overlaps onto the silver.

I think another go would have it done, but I'd really like to get hold of an original to take a cast from.
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/i...attach/jpg.gif
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X