What should I add to this custom amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I add to this custom amp?

I'm all for leaving a good amp alone.. The only problem is that this amp I put together, which takes bits from the magnatone 213 and fender 5e3 (along with some other things I like), has an open spot on the front for a switch or pot.. I feel like I need to put something in there just for appearances sake.. And I feel like there must be something I could add that would give the amp a bit more versatility.

Here's a schematic:
    http://s15.postimg.org/im2tjzcnd/Bogen_Conversion.jpg

The Tone control is very different to anything I've used before, but it gives me a ton of tonal range. The amp as also quite low power so I have no need for a master volume..

Any ideas on what I could add as a switchable or potentiometer based control?

Why don't you put a 9Vdc output jack on it?
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
      Why don't you put a 9Vdc output jack on it?
      I'm not sure what I'd do with that.. Are you thing for pedal power or something like that?

Comment

Yes. It's a very rare amp that doesn't get used with some kind of pedal. Having 9Vdc coming out of the amp just makes pedal use easier.

I'm not sure why - except history - modern amps don't have 9Vdc out of all amps.
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Which polarity?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X