Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber 6M46 amp kit build, Any good?

Hey folks,

I wanted to ask if anyone has built the Weber 6M46 kit it a JTM 45 clone amp head? I'm looking for a project amp to build but I don't want to shell out a grand for a kit. Anyone tried the 6M45 kit? if so did you like it?

Thanks

Slo

If it is, that is a good price.
    Just a mojo cab will cost over $200.
    Not too sure about the way they do the Filter caps mounted vertically on a seperate board.
    Even if you have to buy some extra replacement part, it looks to be a good deal, but I've never bought one either.
    I would probably buy and build a real turret board.
    Turret boards IMO are easier to build and much easier to modify.
    You can buy all that from different vendors.
    I use Tubedepot boards, and turrets.
    Boards and Board Making Parts
    Take no shortcuts on board material.
    I tried to use some board material I had access to, and it turned out to be conductive.
    I could read high voltage all over the board, not good.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I haven't built the 6M45 kit, but I did build it's 1st cousin, the Weber 5F6A combo amp. I see from Weber's bill of materials that the 6M45 uses the same fiber boards as the 5F6A kit. I like the way my amp turned out. I see no reason that the 6M45 shouldn't be a great amp. If you want to throw money at your build, you can order boutique parts from Weber too. I don't know if it will sound any better, but you may impress your cork-sniffing buddies.

Comment

Working...
      X