Firefly amp build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly amp build

I've been slowly working (going on 2yrs) on the amp. The person that would help me has gone to build amps for Hendrix, Harrison, Lennon, Garcia, and the big guy himself. Well anyways I have a transformer and I'm not sure if it will work. I think it came from a Fender Princeton re-issue. Numbers on the transformer is A-0069362000 / 91032109_121 / EIA606MS0837

This is an output tranny, right? I bet it'll "work," maybe not as well as it could, but since it's a 15W part for a 1W amp, I doubt you'll blow it up trying! Most of the Princeton trannies list 8000/8ohm ratios, the Firefly one is specked at 22500/8 ohms; I know it is sometimes "close enouh for rock&roll," but that might be a stretch... others may be able to get more technical... good luck, don't give up!

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
    X