No announcement yet.

I was going to build a 5g9 and then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to build a 5g9 and then...

Got this last minute hesitation that I could build a higher power 5f11 or simply a 5e9a as well and couldn't really make up my mind to be honest. The trannies I'm going to use are for Deluxe Reverb so I could do any of these. I going for a tweed sound that's why I'm considering these circuits but also want it to function as a decent harp amp as well without any mods(that's when 5f11 came into consideration). Anybody tried tremolux with harp or can you tell will it at least make a decent harp amp? I'd like to stick to the original circuit if possible but if both tremolux(s) won't make a good harp amp Then I think I'll give the 5f11 a shot. Thanks.

For my humble 2CW, there's something magic about fixed-bias 6V6s with bias-vary trem being driven by a LTP. The 5G9 epitomises this concept in the simplest kinda way.

On the other hand, blues harp amps can benefit from the harmonic distortion you get from a paraphase inverter.

Why not build two amps?
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
    X