6G15 Reverb build, no wet signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6G15 Reverb build, no wet signal

Hi, new here.. trying to figure this reverb build out. Using the Triode kit, no wet signal, only dry.

Hooked up an 8 ohm speaker to the reverb send, and sounds fine.. maybe a little low gain, but sounds like a 6K6 driving a 10" speaker. Also, if the unit isn't hooked up to an amp, I can hear little "pings" of the springs jumping when I touch various points with the multimeter..

So, signal is getting to the tank.. seems like there wouldn't be so much to check between the return and the mix pot, but I can't find the problem. The only thing I know to be different from spec is there should be a .01 cap running from the tone to ground, and that didn't come with the kit so I put in an old Sprague .022 600V that I had, no idea as to functionality. Was the death cap in a Falcon I repaired. This shouldn't kill the wet signal altogether though, right?

Tried a known good tank with reasonably close impedance.. checked cables for continuity.. reflowed solder.. still nothing. This is my second build, but first time troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

Here are the voltages currently:

12AX7
    1 151V
    2 0.3vAC
    3 1.27V
    6 237V
    7 108V
    8 119V

12AT7
    1 100V
    3 1.9V
    6 82V
    8 2.3V

6K6
    3 280V
    4 286V
    5 3.2mV
    8 22.5V
    Attached Files

Check for a short across the footswitch jack. Use the resistance function of your meter with the power to the 6G15 off. It may be on the footswitch jack, the reverb unit output jack or in the cable that connects the reverb tank output to the jack.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Oh my God. I can't believe I didn't check that. The cable from reverb output is shorted. I don't have another on hand to test with, but certainly that's got to be it.. I'll find out shortly.

Thank You!!

Comment

Ughhhhhh of course.

Thank you so much for telling me to do the most obvious thing in the world which I had completely neglected to do. It was the cable. Unit works gloriously now. And I have the peace of mind of knowing that lots of joints have good bit of extra solder on them because I didn't follow the troubleshooting chain... MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X