Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grounding considerations for painted chassis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding considerations for painted chassis?

I'd like to paint the chassis on my next build. Are there any other considerations I should take for grounding besides grinding to bare metal where the grounds hit the cap screws and the safety ground? Is it necessary to grind around where the pots connect, etc.?

Why grind anything? Stick some masking tape where you want it to be bare, and THEN apply paint. That's why they make masking tape.

Yes, I would mask the areas around pot bushing holes and jack holes.

But were you planning to paint the interior surfaces? I like my transformer bolts to get a good chassis connection for example.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I guess I could only paint the outside and it would all be moot. I have a buddy that does finishes and he could possibly have it dipped or powdered for me, but I suppose a simple painting of the outside would suffice. I'm just trying to make this one look good inside and out this time around.

Comment

I love powder coat finish. A friend of mine does that to his chassis. (Chassises?)
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Have you considered plating? Copper for electrical performance, silver for electrical performance and looks.

Comment

Working...
          X