peavey classic 30 trannys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey classic 30 trannys?

Hey guys, i was just given a set of trannys from a peavey classic 30. i was hoping to use them for a amp project. I'm not sure if the power tranny has a 6.3 tap or not. Does anyone here know if the two yellow wires on the secondary are 6.3v or not?

Apply power to the transformer and measure them. The Classic 30 is a tube amp, so it would certainly have a filament winding in the PT.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Ya thanks dude, i blew the fuse in my variac and will try it when i get another one in the morning. thanks.

Comment

Look at the schematic.

No, there is no 6v winding. There is a heater winding, but it is 25vAC. The four power tubes are wired heaters in series, so 4 x 6.3v.

Note they also rectify and filter that 25vAC to make -36vDC. The three 12AX7s in that amp are also wired in series across that -36vDC.

If you want to build a project with the same tube complement, you are all set.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hey enzo, ya thanks man, i just got a hold of the schematic and your right. Guess i'll have to go with the same tube compliment as the classic 30. Thanks for your reply,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X