Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the right person to give this stuff to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the right person to give this stuff to...

At this point in my life I've come to the realization that I'm probably never going to move forward with some long ago planned amp projects. That said I've got a bunch of tube amp stuff I'd like to find a good home for. I'm not interested in shipping anything anywhere. Looking for an amp hobbyist I can give this stuff to that will drive to my place in Martinsburg, WV and pick this stuff up.

Just as a summary of what I've got: empty amplifier cabinets, chassis, Weber speaker, turret boards, parts (transformers, resistors, caps, sockets, reverb pan...), tubes, old Heathkit tube tester...

Yeah, I could probably sell all this on eBay or somewhere, but I'm not interested in all the work to do so. So my loss is someone's gain.

Let me know if you're interested by sending me a private message and let me know when you could come.

Steve

Martinsburg is just a cannon shot from Harpers Ferry, and not really very far from Washington DC or Baltimore. A nice drive in the country.

Put it on Craigs List in Morgantown.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If I was in your area I would certainly be up to come get all of what you have. Unfortunately I'm in Oregon, which is a bit of a drive. Good luck on finding someone interested!

Greg

Comment

I'm tempted, but it's more than a few hours drive from the far corner of Ohio. I'm sure someone closer will be blessed by your generosity.
        Thanks, Steve!
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Hi all, for someone a few hours away from me I'm willing to drive to meet you halfway if that helps.

Thanks.

Steve

Comment

What I'm giving away...

Kinda surprised no takers on this yet. But as an incentive here is a partial list:
            • 12" combo cabinet and custom made aluminum chassis to fit made by Dirty Dawg Amps
            • Tweed deluxe cabinet
            • Fender Reverb unit cabinet
            • Marshall head style cabinet with custom made aluminum chassis made by Dirty Dawg Amps
            • Most parts to make a Blackface Princeton Reverb including a NOS Made In USA Accutronics spring reverb unit with bag
            • Misc. NOS tubes and some pulls
            • Portable Heathkit TC-2 tube checker.
            • Parts drawer cases with resistors, capacitors, jacks, sockets, potentiometers, terminal lug strips, etc.

All for free. Just looking for a good home for this stuff. Willing to meet you halfway if not too far to drive.

If interested please send me a private message.

Steve

Comment

I know there are folks from the Baltimore area (Bal'mer) who habit MEF. That's pretty close to your location?
              If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
              If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
              We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
              MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

In PA but 3 hours away. Would take it. Few miles from rt81.

Comment

Yes, B'more is about an hour and forty away. I could meet them in Frederick which is an hour from Baltimore.

Steve

Comment

Oh man, and Frederick has a Sonic Drive-in too.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Looks like mozz and I are working out details to link up

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

If only I were closer. I'm looking for a cabinet and chassis to stuff a build into right now.
                        Last edited by The Dude; 03-06-2020, 10:53 PM.
                        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

That's very nice of you!

If that falls through I have a friend that I think lives in your town.
                          ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Yes that is a very cool thing to do,,, I love the spirit of giving, sharing and caring. Especially seeing is that it isnt exactly total junk that is being given away.
                            Always a great way to share a passion, hobby, avocation, with others. Promote camraderie and finding others that have similar vision, potential, and value in the same things as you. Especially if it helps them out .
                            It is pretty neat that you can hook up in person and share these things, maybe socialize on a real and more personal level than just online.
                            I am glad for both of you!
                            I like to do things like this. Give away, trade, swap ect... just for the spirit of commonality of stuff.
                            Phineus J. Whoopy, you are the greatest! May just get one more peek at that three dimensional blackboard please?

Comment

Met Steve over the weekend and picked up the items. Very nice person and i thank him very much. Now to decide which project to do first. I think the Marshall cabinet with either a jtm45 or 18 watt.

Comment

Working...
                              X