Champ AC Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ AC Line

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I will start my build this weekend. Which of the two options are best for the AC? Thanks
    Attached Files

Ground the AC mains ground to the same PT bolt as your HT center tap, Heater ground, output tube cathode ground, and reservoir filter cap and screen filter cap grounds.

Run your active mains wire from the mains cord to the fuse, then to the mains switch, then to one of the PT primaries - in that order.

Your neutral mains wire can just go straight from the chord to the other PT primary.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Thanks for all you help Tubeswell

Comment

How is this? Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

If that orange rectangle on your neutral A/C wire is the death cap - take it out - you don't need it with a 3-wire grounding scheme. Just have the neutral AC wire going straight to the PT.

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Its actually a wire nut.

Comment

A wire nut aye? well that's alright then

Comment

Working...
              X