Epoxy Circuit Boards for vintage style Fender Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epoxy Circuit Boards for vintage style Fender Amps

Anyone know where I can source a Epoxy circuit board for a Fender 5E5A PRO project. Thanks Dennis

Do you mean a glass-fiber (FR4) turret or eyelet board (rather than wax-impregnated paper, like the vintage Fender stuff)? Hoffman has a lot to choose from: https://hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perl...yeletBoard.htm
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Waddell View Post
      Anyone know where I can source a Epoxy circuit board for a Fender 5E5A PRO project. Thanks Dennis
      Try - here
      Scroll down to #83, #84

Comment

Think old electrotechnik resin boards that I get sometimes in pieces in flea market like that: Otherwise any electronic store offers modern FR4 boards in almost any colour, thickness or size. Keystone rivets at any size, including punch tools available. I.ll check Mouser first.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20221106-WA0001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.8 KB ID:	973611
        Last edited by catalin gramada; 11-22-2022, 08:16 PM.
        "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
          Try - here
          Scroll down to #83, #84
          #83 looks like a winner. There has often been a hard desire to use a black board but I believe people are getting over that for their personal builds.

Comment

FWIW I bought a 4x4 sheet of FR4, a sack of eyelets and a staking tool for about $100 USD when I started making my own amp designs (maybe twenty years ago?). I've built a dozen or fourteen amps (?) and made boards for another dozen rebuilds and I still have generously most of it left. There's really nothing to making an eyelet board and I've been surprised at how long that sheet of FR4 is going. I've moved it to new digs three times! My wife keeps asking me if I "still need that thing".
            Last edited by Chuck H; 11-23-2022, 12:55 AM.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

What do you use to cut it ? Do you control the dust when cutting or drilling the stuff ?
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                What do you use to cut it ? Do you control the dust when cutting or drilling the stuff ?
                Table saw. I wear N95 when working with anything dusty.
                --
                I build and repair guitar amps
                http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Working...
                X