Power supply Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply Wiring question

Hello. In a new amp project For certain reason have to run relative long wires between bridge rectifier and the first capacitor along the chassis 25 cm or cca 10 inches. I know this link carry high charging pulse currents but have no ideea how critical it is. Does it enough if I run it in twisted pair or it actually needs to be screened with a mesh or a metalic shield please ? Thanks.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

A current radiates a magnetic field. Standard shielding methods don't work here. Shielding would require a "ferrous" material.
    But using a twisted pair with the ground return wire can help a lot as the fields from opposite currents mostly cancel - at least at some distance.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

It won't cause an issue unless you run the wire close to the sensitive preamp circuit.
      --
      I build and repair guitar amps
      http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Yeah, that I asked for. There in not quite alternating curent opposed in phase...have not a guess about an effective shielding method.
        "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Actually a twisted pair of wires carrying the same current running in opposite directions is a shielding method.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X