No announcement yet.

NFB wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I decided to run the nfb wire (blue/red) as far was possible from sensitive areas with nfb divider on the outputs to not carry big currents around.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230408_014523.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	980347
    Last edited by catalin gramada; 04-08-2023, 12:42 AM.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

There shouldn't really be "big currents" in an NFB wiring.
      But your method reduces signal voltage and current in the wiring. I like the idea.
      As said, best solution would be a shielded cable like RG174.
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 04-08-2023, 02:33 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Well this is a whole point I started this question topic. Running very small nfb curent directly to the grid through a whatever wire onto chassis makes in my opinion (not sure if is right or wrong) more prone to unwanted oscillations due to inductive/capacitive wiring and emi interferences into chassis. My initial question regard instalation of a grid leak and grid stopper right to the socket was in this respect of possible problems which may occur...if any, please. I improvised a workbench where I am now, have no possibility to measure nothing around.
        "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

What more can I say?

A well shielded NFB wire should prevent unwanted coupling and thus not increase instability.

No one can predict final stability of your amp and what compensation measures will be required.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

And swapped with a shielded wire as you suggested

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230410_013808.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	980457

Comment

Working...
            X