Vibratone or Leslie 16/18 specifics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibratone or Leslie 16/18 specifics?

Does anybody have or have access to a Vibratone or Leslie 16/18 cabinet that they could take some measurements from for me. I've finally completed my overly complicated control box and am ready to build the cabinet. The Fender Vibratone manual that is availiable online gives the overall dimensions. I want to make a fairly accurate replica, so I'd like to know the size and positions of the top and side ports as well as the size and locations of the ports in the grill baffle. The size of the panel, or panels on the back would be helpful too.

Of course, I could simply guess or make it up and probably come out just as well, perhaps better. But, I'm kind of a geek and would like to do my first as close to the original as possible. I've been in contact with the guy who made the "Inside the Fender Vibratone" website, and he suggested that the Vibratone cabinet was far from ideal soundwise. I'm toying with some other design ideas, but would really like a close replica to use as a base for comparison.

Something similar in design to the Leslie 950, but with only one drum might be better, but the cabinet could get big (and heavy) real quick.

Anyway, thanks,
    Shannon
Working...
X