Can't choose between the two...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't choose between the two...

I'm planning on building my own SE amp design and I'm looking for a nice speaker. There's a EL34 in the poweramp and the pre-amp is switchable between an american and a british voicing. Therefore, I need an allround speaker, that will be 10 incher. It will go in a small open cab.

I like my sound with a nice warm punch and not too edgy in the high frequencies, I like them rolled of niceley. The mids right in the middle (not lowmid or high mid).

Well, my choice is purely based on soundfiles (I haven't much personal experience with 10 inchers yet), but the Eminence Legend serie sounds the most allround to my ears. It's not about the budget, this was my conclusion on the question "which I like best".
    At first I wanted to go for the 105, but comparing it with the 102 I got confused... to me they're in quite the same frequency range, they both seem to be great allrounders. So I hope you can help me out a bit...

I have a weekness for Alnico speakers. I really love how they interact with your playing and really like the high bells when playing clean. But my experience is that they always lack a bit in warmth and punch, that's why I always go with ceramics. How is that with the 102?

Anyone?

Comment

I haven't heard it, but you might try the WGS G10A:

Warehouse G10A

I have several of their 12" speakers, and they're making a fine product at a great price. I prefer them to the Eminence and Weber speakers I've tried.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, the have good reviews indeed!

Allthough the alnico speakers are way beyond my budget.
        They like to compare there speakers to Celestions, where can I compare the 10" Veteran to?
        On proguitar.de they say it's a replacement for a G12H30... that would be nice, since I really dig those 12 inchers
        Last edited by Rutger; 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X