Cabinet project pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet project pictures

This project is long overdue. I picked up the amp over a year ago, and have wanted to do this since. It's a little different so I thought I'd share a few pictures.

The dovetail joints are a little time consuming, but worth the effort.

I chose to secure the baffle board to add some structural integrity to the cabinet.

After assembly I sealed everything with a couple coats of shellac.

Ready to cover.

Yep... that's right it's white. I've got solid black Fender style grille fabric to go along with it.

Why stop here?

From the rear.

I'll post a picture of the finished cabinet in a day or two when I'm done with it.

EXCELLENT JOB !!!!! Congratulations !!!!!
    What glue did you use for covering?
    Keep us informed, can't wait to see it finished..
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

No more to say. Looks great.

Comment

Nice cabinet work. Are those 2x10"? Are you going to run an extension cab with another pair of P10Rs? A SuperReverb is ~45watts and running 2x10 loud would pop them for sure. That's if you are going to play loud and the amp is stock. For all I know, you modded the amp, and it's not going to be an issue. I'm working on a soild wood combo now with one P12Q and 18 watts PP EL84 that's a little taller than a vibro-champ but just as wide. I used swamp ash and it really resonates and gives it a nice presence that solid wood gives. I hear old growth pine is good too...
        Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          EXCELLENT JOB !!!!! Congratulations !!!!!
          What glue did you use for covering?
          Keep us informed, can't wait to see it finished..
          Thanks; This is the glue I used.

Originally posted by txstrat View Post
          No more to say. Looks great.
          Thank you.

Originally posted by guitician View Post
          Nice cabinet work. Are those 2x10"? Are you going to run an extension cab with another pair of P10Rs? A SuperReverb is ~45watts and running 2x10 loud would pop them for sure. That's if you are going to play loud and the amp is stock. For all I know, you modded the amp, and it's not going to be an issue. I'm working on a soild wood combo now with one P12Q and 18 watts PP EL84 that's a little taller than a vibro-champ but just as wide. I used swamp ash and it really resonates and gives it a nice presence that solid wood gives. I hear old growth pine is good too...
          Thanks; The P10R's should be fine. They're rated at 25w RMS, 50w peak. The amp's 40w, but probably will never get dimed anyway. There's not much to choose from when you're shopping for 4ohm speakers.

Here are some pictures of the completed cabinet. Thanks for looking.

Comment

I need a Fender emblem for this amp. Anyone have one that they can sell, trade, or throw at me? Style isn't important. It just looks naked without one.

Comment

How about this one?

VTG FENDER USA GUITAR AMP/AMPLIFIER PART METAL EMBLEM | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by John_H View Post
                or throw at me?
                Lol, if you live in the USA, I do. PM me

RWood

Comment

Originally posted by RWood View Post
                  Lol, if you live in the USA, I do. PM me
                  PM sent. Thank you, that's very cool.

Comment

Great looking job on that whole cabinet. It's almost a shame to cover those really nice dovetails. The Tolex and grill job are perfect.

Well done.
                    DIY Links

Tolex Tutorial
                    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.com/cont...lifier-cabinet

Chassis:
                    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.com/cont...lifier-chassis

Turret board:
                    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.com/cont...d-construction

Comment

Thanks RWood... The emblem looks great!

Comment

Beautiful job. I'm planning to finish off a 2x10 combo cab I started a while ago, and I'd like to know where you bought your speaker wire. Did you solder the wire or purchase wire with crimped connectors?

Comment

Congratulations again, excellent job.
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by stormbringer View Post
                            Beautiful job. I'm planning to finish off a 2x10 combo cab I started a while ago, and I'd like to know where you bought your speaker wire. Did you solder the wire or purchase wire with crimped connectors?
                            Thanks for the compliments, The wire is from Radio Shack. It's 18 gauge red/black flat speaker wire. I used my cordless drill to put the fancy twist in it. Everything's soldered.

Comment

Real nice job. Very well done. One problem if I may say. I would take those speakers out of that cab and get 2 Jensen 'neo' speakers. They can be had from CE Distributors. I use them and they are really nice. They can handle 100 watts each, and if you get 8 ohm ones and hook them in parallel they will be work just great.
                              Just a suggestion, as I wouldn't want to see you pop those ones in the cab. I know you are going to push them. That amp sounds real good pushed. I have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X