Radial Arm Saw Recall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial Arm Saw Recall!

I picked up an old saw (probally 87 model), that's been in the weather, planning on fixing it up. The table is rotten, so I looked on the net to find some ideas to build one.
    I found this link, Radial Arm Saw Recall
    Yesterday I recieved a box with a new table, a different guard assy, and a handle with a way to raise the guard. If they don't have parts to fix your saw, you can get $100 for sending the parts in.

i bought a ryobi radial arm saw back in the eightys. it was small 81/4 i think. i got a letter saying "STOP using your ra200 radial arm saw and return it immediately" apparently some of them broke and caused injury. when it came back it didnt look like anything was done to it. none of the screws looked like they were taken apart, no tool marks on the hardware so i never used it again.
    Last edited by scole; 02-26-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I had a couple of motor driven tools recalled in the 80's, like you I couldn't tell anything had happened. When I contacted one of the companies, they said the overload protection was inadequate for the motor, and that's what was altered. (I never took them apart to see, but wore out the tools.)

Comment

Working...
      X