Custom chassis wanted in Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riz View Post
    I'm thinking of 2" angle and flat sheet for my first chassis designs, held together with pop rivets.
    That always worked for me, though I prefer hex head bolts to rivets for a more "metal" look. It also makes it possible to take apart at a later date if you need to get at something or drill another hole.

Because you don't need to bend the metal, you can make it really thick. I use 3mm instead of 1.8. You can also add extra pieces of angle inside the chassis for bracing, so this method is great for the bigger, heavier amps.

I never use the chassis as part of the signal grounding scheme anyway, it's only a safety ground and noise shield.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Good to hear you ended up getting the pan brake. You will have to tell us how good it is at doing the sides etc. For cutting the ali I've been using a jigsaw with a fine tooth metal/plastic blade.

Comment

I have also recently got a Box and Pan brake, good fun, but I think it will be a few years before it pays for itself.

is there a better way, other than jig saw or band saw for cutting out the corners for making a box, the band saw works well but does leave a slightly serated edge I have been thinking about the small shears you get but am not sure if they will do the job properly.

something like this Clarke CPS150 Metal Shears - Machine Mart

any thoughts

Comment

How about a nibbler? Nibbler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
          X