Name:	100_3230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	863611Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3231.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	991.5 KB
ID:	863612

Very pretty. Is that a pair of EV's in there??? Were there any circuit mods?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Not sure on the speakers Eminence I believe, no circuit changes used mostly as a keyboard amp(wurlitzer 200A) and sometimes as a bass amp. really a good clean sounding amp.

Comment

Yes, I've seen older Eminence speakers like those in some DM amps. Must be a real muscle builder. I might add a set of removable casters.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

That's a cool idea--the uberTwin! A buddy of mine uses one of those in a pretty well-known band, and just loves it onstage for bass, fiddle, upright, and keys.
          Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Yes, I've seen older Eminence speakers like those in some DM amps. Must be a real muscle builder. I might add a set of removable casters.
            Those speakers look a lot like these Eminence 12774A's that I have which came out of a 90's era Fender Twin Super. These are heavy mothers, rated at 100W each. Sound wise, these are some really great speakers. I liken them to a high power Celestion G12H...sort of a mix between the EVM-12L and a Celestion. Very powerful, very efficient and some serious mojo. In an open back 2x12 cab, these are without a doubt, my favorite speaker. And I am not really a big Eminence fan. Think of an EVM-12L with some balls on the high end. I have yet to find another set of speakers that do what these do in an open back 2x12. I have two EV's in the closet that these replaced, they just don't compare for me.

If it is the Eminence 12774A, you got a killer set up there.

Comment

Nah, your speaker has a much smaller magnet diameter. In the OP, note the plain frame, lack of labeling, silly big magnet diameter and the not quite as big metal backing plate. The speakers I saw (that were identical) were over twenty years old. They too sounded great.

Comment

Working...
              X