Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Fender 5E3 Tweed Narrow Panel Cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Fender 5E3 Tweed Narrow Panel Cabinet?

I posed this question about a year ago and was graciously given a link to Bruce Birling at Memphis amps who had a fully finished cab for about $195 shipped, however I waited too long to pull the trigger and now the site is dead.

Now with tax returns quickly approaching, I am having trouble finding any other sites that I can order a completed cab from aside from Weber ($230 before shipping which is not listed). I have yet to contact them about the cost of shipping, but I would assume it is $40-$60. Any suggestions on where to get a good quality cheap cab shipped, or is it worth it to bite the bullet and just order from Weber?
    My Builds:
    5E3 Deluxe Build
    5F1 Champ Build
    6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Mojotone makes a real nice cabinet. Theirs go for a little less than Webers and they do a great job. The tweed on mine lines up perfectly on all corners and seams. They don't say how much shipping is.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonator Guy View Post
      Mojotone makes a real nice cabinet. Theirs go for a little less than Webers and they do a great job. The tweed on mine lines up perfectly on all corners and seams. They don't say how much shipping is.
      Looks to be $264.75 after estimated shipping fees, which is not too bad. These are the only 2 decent sites that I came across in my searching.
      My Builds:
      5E3 Deluxe Build
      5F1 Champ Build
      6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Mojo Musical Supply:
        I just did the same thing, shipped to Denver and came up with this:

5E3 cabinet (raw) $218.51
        Lacquer the cabinet $32.00
        S/H and insurance $52.50

Grand total $302.50

and an extra charge for predrilling for chassis mounting ?$10.00?

In the early 90's, a fully finished tweed Deluxe cabinet cost me $127.00 shipped... !!! ha ha Times have certainly changed for the worse.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Sometimes Weber builds some extra cabinets and puts them on sale at a discount. On their website they list these as "in stock cabinets". You might stumble across a 5E3 there.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
            Sometimes Weber builds some extra cabinets and puts them on sale at a discount. On their website they list these as "in stock cabinets". You might stumble across a 5E3 there.

Thanks for the tip however it looks like there is only 3 head currently in-stock. I'm not going to hold my breath though waiting for a5E3 to show up. I would really like to purchase one soon after receiving my tax return. I wish I had a time machine to go back to the 90's so I could pick up a few cabs for $127! I just think $300 seems a bit steep for a 1x12 combo.
            My Builds:
            5E3 Deluxe Build
            5F1 Champ Build
            6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Try this company, Here's his price list page ( $175. for a princeton size cab.)
              TheCabGuy - Custom Guitar Cabinets

Comment

Originally posted by the wizard View Post
                Try this company, Here's his price list page ( $175. for a princeton size cab.)
                TheCabGuy - Custom Guitar Cabinets
                Nice... have you ordered from here before? I would assume that a Deluxe would be about the same price as a princeton cab. I might have to give him a call and see what shipping would cost roughly.
                My Builds:
                5E3 Deluxe Build
                5F1 Champ Build
                6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

I recommend American Tweeds. Built one at a time. I just had my real nice 5E3 built for around $255 shipped. He sells out of his eBay store. Nice guy, too.
                  It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

I ended up biting the bullet and ordered a narrow panel tweed 5E3 cab and a Weber 12-inch (12A125-A) speaker for my amp today. I went with Weber since they were running the 10% off sale. I did see that they added a 5E3 to the "in stock cabs" for $150, but it is in an ugly blue color. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5e3 order.png
Views:	1
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	828137
                    Last edited by Wittgenstein; 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM.
                    My Builds:
                    5E3 Deluxe Build
                    5F1 Champ Build
                    6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Originally posted by Wittgenstein View Post
                      I ended up biting the bullet and ordered a narrow panel tweed 5E3 cab and a Weber 12-inch (12A125-A) speaker for my amp today. I went with Weber since they were running the 10% off sale. I did see that they added a 5E3 to the "in stock cabs" for $150, but it is in an ugly blue color. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22005[/ATTACH]
                      Can't tell from the invoice but if not lacquered, call them back and have that done too.
                      Raw twill tweed is cloth and it gets nasty dirty super fast. looking awful...
                      Bruce

Mission Amps
                      Denver, CO. 80022
                      www.missionamps.com
                      303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                        Can't tell from the invoice but if not lacquered, call them back and have that done too.
                        Raw twill tweed is cloth and it gets nasty dirty super fast. looking awful...
                        Thanks for the advice Bruce... I was trying to be cheap and save the $25. I'm spending almost as much on this cab / speaker as I did to build the amp =(
                        My Builds:
                        5E3 Deluxe Build
                        5F1 Champ Build
                        6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Working...
                        X