Piping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piping Question

How do you do the piping on a Marshall head similar to the white pipe down the since of the front of this amp cabinet. I know you have to cut a slot and all but I was wondering how wide and how deep the slot needs to be and how do you secure the piping to the head? If it is glue, what type of glue do you use?

Thanks!

Nice Pic you got there since Its Mine. I know Its Nice....lol

anyway if you have a table saw most blades are a 1/8" wide
    so you want to make a 1/8"wide 1/8"deep slot or 1 pass on your table saw. then Just cut the Tolex down the middle and press in your piping or sometimes you will need to cut away a little more depending on which tolex you use. Levants are much thicker and you will need to make more room for the Piping. if its Elephant just a single slice thru the tolex will do .. hope this helps.

Jerry
    Jerry
    www.vintageheadbox.com

Comment

No glue to hold the piping in?

Also where is the best place to put the seam for the tolex on the cabinet itself if you don't have any piping on the cabinet?

Comment

Originally posted by turbolx5oh View Post
        No glue to hold the piping in?

Also where is the best place to put the seam for the tolex on the cabinet itself if you don't have any piping on the cabinet?
        no Glue the piping will fit in snug. On the bottom right side for tolex seem
        Jerry
        www.vintageheadbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vintageheadboc View Post
          no Glue the piping will fit in snug. On the bottom right side for tolex seem
          Bottom right side as in the bottom right corner or an inch or two in?

Comment

Bottom right side as in the bottom right corner or an inch or two in?
            Where ever it's convienent or easy for you to make a seam
            Jerry
            www.vintageheadbox.com

Comment

How do you do the piping on a Marshall head similar to the white pipe down the since of the front of this amp cabinet. I know you have to cut a slot and all but I was wondering how wide and how deep the slot needs to be and how do you secure the piping to the head? If it is glue, what type of glue do you use?

Thanks!
              When I use to build cabs I used a thinner kerf, "hollow ground" blade in my table saw to cut a slot in the front valance panel.
              Notch around the sides a very small amount with a hand saw.
              To set the string in the groove, I use a spline roller setting wheel tool,

http://www.qualitywindowscreen.com/s...054f8c1c07828e

found around window/door screen repair section of your local hardware store.
              After setting and pulling it firmly, use a couple staples to hold the string from the back side on each end.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
              X