Hammond Reverb Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond Reverb Amp

Have this Hammond reverb amp that I am thinking about converting to an 18 watt or something similar (it's an el84 p-p as-is.) I have attached actual size diagram of the chassis.

Here's the problem: I need to drill a hole for one more noval socket, and I don't have much space. Where on earth could I put this thing? I was thinking on putting the four pots and input jacks on the side nearest the tubes (there is just enough space).

I know I won't have enough room for a board, but I plan to use a small board for the PI and PTP for the rest. Any other suggestions? Or am I crazy for trying to use such a small chassis?
    Attached Files
    In the future I invented time travel.

Extra socket

If you are running PP EL84's just drill a hole next to the current EL84 and just move the rest down the line. Not sure about your pots as it does seem a bit crowded. Got any pics of the under\inside of the chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockn View Post
      If you are running PP EL84's just drill a hole next to the current EL84 and just move the rest down the line. Not sure about your pots as it does seem a bit crowded. Got any pics of the under\inside of the chassis?
      Haven't done anything with this yet, so I have had some time to give it some thought. I am going to build something that will only use the tube sockets that are there. Plus, this chassis is SO small not much circuitry will fit in there. I am going to build a little Matchless spitfire in that chassis, which 1) will fit, and 2) will allow me to not drill any holes for tube sockets, and 3) has two pots and an input jack.

Anything larger will not fit. Obviously, I could just get a larger chassis. But I want to do this as cheaply as possible.

At any rate, thanks for the reply. Once this thing is done, I'll post some pics.
      In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Working...
      X