Stand Alone Reverb From Conn Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Alone Reverb From Conn Organ

I've gotten quite a few old organs lately, unfortunatly they've all been Solid State. They have yeilded a few goodies thogh, like this Acutronics reverb pan and the reverb circuit. The power supply provided the correct voltage and a cute little chassis to work with.

Basicaly all this needed after I excised it from the organ is a couple of switchcraft jacks, a 250K pot for an input level, and a pedal.

The circuit board is the reverb pre amp and is a fixed gain, I'll put the 250k pot inline with the input to act like an intensity control and the two switches on the speaker grill cloth are Conn's idea of depth control. With both switches up it's bypassed, they are labled reverbI and reverb II and when switched in revI gives a light verb rev II a bit heavier and when both switched gives a nice heavy "Ventures" vibe. (we cobbled in a couple jacks while the circuit was still in the organ just to see if we liked it or not)

We just finished the cab a couple hours ago and with any luck we should have the rest of it together tomorrow night.

My son and I are still debating on a WET/DRY pot and how effective or useful it would be.

The cab is wrapped in genuine Fender vintage blonde tolex that I scored at one of the antique stores in town earlier this year. The oxblood grille cloth was in the same box the tolex was in along with a few yards of wheat and a hand written reciept from a music store for the tolex and the grille cloth dated 1966.

I made the bezel around the switches from some bakelite I had, it was need as when we were fitting the switches my son snagged the cloth and caused a run.

well thats all I got for today see you all tomorrow.

Ray
    Attached Files

question about Stand Alone Reverb From Conn Organ

I have the same Conn organ and am trying to extract the reverb which I really like the sound of, at-least on the organ. I have identified the in and out to the tank, and the connection to the depth control switches(REV I & Rev II). With a little inspection, I plan to find the signal input and power supply connectors on the circuit board, but any hints I would really appreciate, so I don't mess it up. Could you tell me what kind of power supply it needs?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X