lowrey organ amp conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgilvdog View Post
    i virgilvdog forgot to mention that my lowrey amp has 6l6 tubes i was wondering if the 6l6 tubes should be 6l6gc tubes because i was told that 6l6gc tubes was not made in 1959 and these two 6l6 amps i have were made in 1959 . info from the seller. i purchase from.thank you for any input.
    Hi, good luck with your lowrey amp. The difference between the 6l6 and 6l6gc: "The "g" version is not up to the specs of the "gc" and may well redplate and burn up in a circuit intended for GCs. IE, the G has a 19w plate, the GC has a 30w plate."

Comment

lowrey 6l6 amps

virgilvdog i was told these amps are 6l6gc i just been having trouble trying to get some volume out of these amps
      any ideawhat my problem could be. thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by virgilvdog View Post
        virgilvdog i was told these amps are 6l6gc i just been having trouble trying to get some volume out of these amps
        any ideawhat my problem could be. thanks for any help.
        As posted earlier, as is these amps are just a power amp and needs to be driven with a preamp/line level signal. If you are plugging an instrument straight into it you won't get much volume.

Comment

lowrey amps

lowrey power amps 6l6gc they were hook through preamp & computer it is some thing wrong with the output power. i replaced filter capacitors , grid resistors, cathode 47k resistor , tubes are used from ebay. maybe i need to change all the resistors. or try brand new tubes. that is expensive. i would had bought new ones at first if i had were sure that was my problem this is my first experience with tube amps.

Comment

Working...
          X