Choosing power tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
    Not happenin'! Mostly cuz I don't know if I can put up a phone recording... And unless y'all are gluttons for punishment.

Jusrin
    If ya scared say your scared

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      If ya scared say your scared

nosaj
      OOOhhhhh. No you di-ent!!!

Bad form, man! I use to be a pretty good player. I play about as much now in a year as I use to play in week. I can't even remember any of the songs from the ten sets I use to know when I was gigging!!! A friend heard me play about two years ago and said "You sounded like a bad imitation of yourself." Harsh. But I took it as a compliment because it meant I once DID have a groove of my own that was valid and recognizable. Still... Do I want you guys to hear me play now? Not so much.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Nosaj is cool! I'm not scared, anyway. Just too lazy to learn something new & too broke to buy junk that would make it easier.

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Hah, I can't much play anything more complex that Credence Clearwater. But when I toured with the big horn band, our guitarist had all those mile-a-minute Terry Kath solos down pat. But one day I was tuning a guitar and played a bit of Funk 49, a very basic lick from the James Gang. He comes running up, "Ooh, how do you play that, I can't figure it out." You're kidding, all those Chicago solos?? "Ah, all I got is speed," he said. Go figger. Forty some years ago, and that was the last time someone wanted to hear me play anything.

Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            I play about as much now in a year as I use to play in week. I can't even remember any of the songs from the ten sets I use to know when I was gigging!!!
            Same here, I haven't gigged for over 10 years and haven't picked up a guitar in a month. When I do it sure ain't pretty

Comment

Well, I do know lots of guys who know every lick known to man, but who couldn't walk into a bar jam & improvise to save their life...
              I know we need both types, but I personally prefer to be the latter.
              "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
              "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
              "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Normally when people put me on the spot like this I just unleash a flurry of incoherent noise that shows the amp can sound good even if the operator doesn't.

Another trick is (if I know the customer well enough) to daisy chain all my pedals together & set up an oscillatey squealy mess, & then leave a message of "I got your amp fixed, come pick it up any time" followed by a recording of that mess.

Justin

Comment

who couldn't walk into a bar jam & improvise to save their life...
                  Symphony musicians.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I was mostly talking guitar players there...

Justin

Comment

I know. Symphony guys are used to reading off a sheet, not jamming. Just poking at them.

Comment

Working...
                      X