Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond L-112(L-100 series)

Hello everyone

Is it possible to convert an L100 to a guitar amp? I removed the power amp ,preamp and speakers fro a working Hammond L112 organ and thought it may be a cool project.

thanks
    keith

Yes it is possible. It takes a lot of work and you have to pretty much gut the chassis. I would suggest using the EL-84 tubes to make an AC-15 or matchless spitfire type amp. The two 12" speakers could be loaded in a new cab and would sound pretty nice.

Comment

what about an 18watt type amp? from what i read in the internet this would be a good doner amp

thanks
      keith

Comment

Sure. It depends mostly on what type of rectifier you plan on using. The hammond used a 5U4 which is an octal socket. British 18 watt amps often call for an EZ81 which is a nine-pin miniature tube. You could always sub a GZ34 (5AR4) which would work better with the hammond layout.

Comment

hammond L100 18 watt conversion

I am in the prosses of gutting the amp. It is a teadious prosses but i have the time so its worth it. it has 2 12ax7, 2 el84 and im planing on using a GZ34(5AR4) for the rectifier. What would i need to use for the output transformer. Any ideas are welcome(schematics etc.)

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X