My latest folly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest folly...

I know this one is near impossible but has anyone seen (or know for sale) an eyelet board for a Fender Super Champ amp in their travels. I wonder if there's some parts wholesaler that picks up parts no longer needed for manufacture/repair for older amps and sells them (I know of one such place but struck out there). The problem is with the Super Champ (and other Rivera-era Fender amps) is that they used a light tan eyelet fiberboard instead of the usual Fender black fiberboard. I know the black board is my fallback 2nd choice but I've been surprised by the resourcefulness of the members on this forum before so I thought I'd take a chance and ask.

Bob M.

Why does the color of the board matter to you?
    If you're afraid of board conduction, avoid any fiberboard and go for FR-X.
    Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-27-2020, 07:27 PM.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Have you looked on the el34 website? If he doesn't have it he could make it for you.

Comment

Does the Super Champ use an eyelet board similar to most Fender amps ? The layout I looked at looks awfully crowded.

Link: https://el34world.com/charts/Schemat...hamp_super.pdf
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Yes, awfully crowded. But OTOH, a great sounding amp. Maybe (probably) Rivera knows something I don't know. It does look like a mish-mash of construction inside. It seems they ran out of eyelets and had to put in a 6x terminal strip as well. The amp sounds very good and is very stable, you can't beat that.

I wanted to try and find an original/stock circuitboard for cosmetic reasons only. It's a very tough call, as these amps are about 35 years old but I am continually surprised by the membership here and their resourcefulness and knowledge. The Super Champ circuitboard is an eyelet board, light tan in color (as are some other Rivera-era amps), with 60 eyelets and of different dimensions than one would expect to see inside most BF/SF Fender amps. I know one place that from time to time has parts that look just like Fender parts, usually from obsolete amps. But as I said, they didn't have what I want.

Good suggestion on the EL34 website, thanks.

Bob M.

Comment

Guts of my SC:
            (No idea how I managed to upload the picture from my computer. Was much easier before.)

image widget
            Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-29-2020, 03:41 PM.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
              (No idea how I managed to upload the picture from my computer. Was much easier before.)
              Sorry, I don't think you have. I only see text "image widget"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

Sorry, I don't think you have. I only see text "image widget"
                Strange. I see a huge picture in my post above "image widget" (whatever that means).
                As a test I closed and re-opened Firefox and the picture is still there.
                Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-29-2020, 07:42 PM.
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Strange. I see a huge picture in my post above "image widget" (whatever that means).
                  As a test I closed and re-opened Firefox and the picture is still there.
                  I just see a small rectangle there in Firefox.

Comment

Meanwhile I even shut down and re-started my notebook Still get the nice picture in my post above. (Don't ask me any computer stuff.)
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

No pic showing for me either. It's acting like one of those 'ghost' attachments that were lost.
                      Helmholtz , is this a pic you took, or an existing pic from somewhere else?
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I just used that grey fiberboard when I made the circuit card for my Blues Junior conversion...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2443.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	876.8 KB
ID:	912290
                        If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
                        I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          No pic showing for me either. It's acting like one of those 'ghost' attachments that were lost.
                          Helmholtz , is this a pic you took, or an existing pic from somewhere else?
                          Yes, took the pic myself and uploaded from computer desktop (jpg, ~1MB).
                          As the pic shows in my post here, it should be on the MEF server.

Anybody interested if I try to upload it again?
                          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Anybody interested if I try to upload it again?
                            I'd like to take a look.

Comment

Does this work for you? Can anybody see the picture(s)? Please let me know.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0324[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	886.0 KB ID:	912312
                              Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-30-2020, 04:24 PM.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
                              X