No announcement yet.

18 watt TMB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some brilliant people posting on this board, but you might consider checking out 18 watt.com simply because 18 watt Marshall clones is all they do and discuss there. They have built and troubleshot literally hundreds of variations of this amp design over many years.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      There are some brilliant people posting on this board, but you might consider checking out 18 watt.com simply because 18 watt Marshall clones is all they do and discuss there. They have built and troubleshot literally hundreds of variations of this amp design over many years.
      Good Luck with that.
      I've tried, and tried to get them to certify me and get a password and still don't have one.
      I tried sending emails and it's like the Light is on but nobody is home!
      You might be old and grey before You ever get it fixed with the 18 watt.com group helping you!!!
      Terry
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
        Check this thread: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t16362/ . It has tips on finding the source of hum. Try the standby switch test.
        Hey loudthud, Thank you so much for the info, it fixed my problem. My tranny didn't have a center tap ,so I used two 100ohm resistors on pins 2&7 and the hum is gone. I really appreciate all who helped me in trying to isolate this problem. I do have to try and eliminate some hiss on the TMB side, but I'm just real happy to have that loud hum noise GONE!. Thanks again guys.

Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Good Luck with that.
          I've tried, and tried to get them to certify me and get a password and still don't have one.
          I tried sending emails and it's like the Light is on but nobody is home!
          You might be old and grey before You ever get it fixed with the 18 watt.com group helping you!!!
          Terry
          So I logged onto 18watt.com. Evidently they are upgrading the site and will not be accepting any new members for a few days. Everyone already a member is posting away and there are several current TMB posts. I dont know what a few days means, but I have been a member for years and never had a problem there. I would suggest trying again in a few days and be polite. They are very big on polite. lol

Comment

I tried repeatedly for a long time to join 18 Watt.
            I'm done with them.
            I'll Stay here.
            A lot easier.
            That was the only place I had trouble getting permission to join.
            I belong to 3 amp forums, and 2 guitar forums, all without a hitch.
            I can live without them.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by chuckb View Post
              Thank you so much for the info, it fixed my problem. My tranny didn't have a center tap ,so I used two 100ohm resistors on pins 2&7 and the hum is gone. Chuck.
              I hope you didn't use pins 2 and 7, those instructions were for 6V6. On an EL84, the resistors would go from pins 4 and 5 to pin 3.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                I hope you didn't use pins 2 and 7, those instructions were for 6V6. On an EL84, the resistors would go from pins 4 and 5 to pin 3.
                Hey loudthud, yes, I used pins 4&5 and to ground. Thanks again.

chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                  So I logged onto 18watt.com. Evidently they are upgrading the site and will not be accepting any new members for a few days. Everyone already a member is posting away and there are several current TMB posts. I dont know what a few days means, but I have been a member for years and never had a problem there. I would suggest trying again in a few days and be polite. They are very big on polite. lol
                  Yeah, and if it's a Weber kit, don't mention that either!

Comment

Working...
                  X