input jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input jacks

i would like to know where to get good quality jacks. i have switchcraft in my 5f4 and they are allready bad, on one the switch tab has no spring to it, no matter how i try to bend it back it doesnt stay. another i noticed the tip and switch tabs are touching as they come out of the base. i didnt notice when i was building the amp. i played it this weekend after a few months and it was buzzing like crazy. after messing with the jacks i got it to quiet down some. i cant believe the poor quality of these jacks wich are supposedf to be the best.

Yup, the quality of these Switchcraft jacks has been steadly going down over the last couple three years.
    I know, I buy and use over a 1000 jacks a year and I think they all must be made in China now too. ha ha
    In my honest opinon, even though I also get a few bad ones from Switchcraft, they are still WAY better then the worse ones I've seen... from a certain speaker/amp kit company, who's manufacturer, at one time, didn't even know what lug did what, causing all kinds of grief with novice builders !!!! I don't know why they even bother selling those.

I talked to MOJO about this bad jack issue thing today.
    Last year they gave up trying to find a decent replacement for the Switchraft jacks.
    However, they are now working with a company from the east that claims they can make a jack at least as good as the Switchraft and better then the other Chinese garbage that is floating around.
    I doubt it, .... I'll believe it when I see it.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

you can get really good guitar cords though. i wonder if theres a way to take the jack from an adaptor (female) cord and use that in the amp. itll probably need more room.

Comment

Working...
      X