Mojotone BF Bassman AA165 - No Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say... What was the problem with the socket that was red plating the tube?
    Hi Chuck
    My description of the Power tube issue was flawed. one of the power tube heater elements was dim red glow, not the outer plate.
    I believe most of the issues I was having was due to poor grounding. The Power transformer arrived with a coating, which I incorrectly "assumed" everything was, as it should be. Assembled as follows: bolt through power transformer > nut > chassis > nut, when I tightened the last nut, it was tightening against the other nut, and the transformer was floating on the bolts and not making a good positive contact with the chassis. I also, tied the two power tube cathodes to a single chassis ground, instead of tying to individual tube socket mounting bolts.

I'm using a Epi Es339, and mesa wide-body closed back cab with V90 12" speaker, bassy to begin with. Clean Channel, at low volume, with single coil P/U, I hear 60's-ish clean surf tone. CC with humbuckers, amp pushed, a nice on the edge of breakup, singing tone. On the bass channel, exactly, with humbucker's and pushed, it gets farty distortion. I'll spend more time with the controls. No mods, I don't want to risk changing the tone of the clean channel. It's spot on. I'll wait awhile before attempting the GZ34 rectifier again.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X