Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire noice problem

Hi,

I have build a spitfire clone 2x12 combo using the known layout on the internet. I am using a fender jaguar (new production) direct in the amp and it sounds awesome. Execpt from a nasty sound when I hit the strings hard especially when playing 10th fret on the low E-string and when muting strings. When volume and master is turned up it is more sensitive.

Could this be a ground issue or bad capacitors? - or maybe the guitar which produce alot of noice?

Btw..The amp is stargrounded but not connected to earth:s ..I know this is a problem..however most live places does not have earth connection. So i guess I will have to find a solution to this problem.

HELP!

Best regards

Thomas

Maybe it is "underfiltered".What size filter caps you using?What brand?

Comment

Hi Stokes!

Thanks for your reply

It was also my thougt that the filter caps was to small..however

I used a groundbuss the first time i "stargrounded" the amp..This resulted in that when I tested the amp placed on a table and connected to the speakers on the floor it sounds awesome with no missound at all. But when I placed the amp inside the cabinet the speakers was shaking the amp (offcourse) which causes that the groundbuss (heavy copper wire) was shaking too! This happened only only when playing loud. I simply removed the groundbuss and re-stargrounded the amp and it works perfectly!!

What can I say...electronics are weird:s

But thanks anyway

Thomas

Comment

the fact that it is a certain frequency that does it the most suggests there may be something vibrating with its fundamental around the 10th fret of the low e string. also the fact that it is only there within the cab. maybe the baffle against the combo or something.

Comment

Working...
        X