Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Got Picts of BF Deluxe Under Hood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Got Picts of BF Deluxe Under Hood.

Trying to run the wires like Leo did under the board but not sure how they run. This is a Weber clone kit and it seems a little different and I didn't have a shot of it. Looking for how they go through the holes to the main bd. TIA
    KB

Ther are a couple of shots on this Google Image search.
    fender blackface deluxe - Google Search

Comment

Thanks JazzP but didn't see any under the hood shots showing how they run but was just wondering if he ran the nodes under the main board or tied them in on the top. Might have to go hit up Kennedy and Holger and see if they have one laying around.
      KB

Comment

Are you looking for a shot under the eyelet board... I can't remember ever seeing a photo of the board from that angle.
        However, the layout line drawings from Fender were fairly accurate... it's the wires from under the dog house and filter caps that they never seemed to have made any drawings for.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

I built a Princeton Reverb from a Weber kit recently and I pretty much threw the Fender wire routing out the window. The amp ended up dead quiet so I must have done something right. I used a 50ufx2 500 volt cap for the plate and screen supplies and 47uf radial caps at the front edge of the eyelet board attached directly to the bus bar at the back of the pots. I did follow a layout from the internet for some of the under board wiring but all the B+ supply lines were run over the top of the board.

Here's a link:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t23631/

I think you could do similar things with a Deluxe and rework the grounds just a tiny bit and end up with an amp that's easier to troubleshoot and quieter.

jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
            Are you looking for a shot under the eyelet board... I can't remember ever seeing a photo of the board from that angle.
            However, the layout line drawings from Fender were fairly accurate... it's the wires from under the dog house and filter caps that they never seemed to have made any drawings for.
            Yeah thats the shot I need of under the dog house. How would you do it Bruce to make it the quietest and also what about the grounding scheme ?
            KB

Comment

Run an 18g ground wire for the first main filter cap negative lead and over to the screen cap's negative end. Then right to the chassis ground where you'll ground the red/yellow wire from the hi-v center tap (or anodes of a FWB) to the chassis....
              or, you could run the red/yellow wire right up to where the first main filter cap is mounted and connect it to the negative lead and over to the screen cap's negative lead... etc.
              I like to use a master ground plane.... like the brass plate Fender used... but you can use 14g-18g buss wire on the back of all the pots too.
              Make sure the pots and jacks have star washers behind them to dig into the chassis.... brass or not so they are well grounded.
              Use zinc coated star washers, not black anodized.
              Hum seems to be reduced when the other filter caps are grounded right near the source of the signal path.
              Like when you ground the cathodes of the 1st preamp stage right at the same place the input jacks are grounded.... the B+ filtered node to the plate loads of those stages respond well if those cap's ground leads are near the exact same place as the stage is on the board and chassis too.
              Kerry, in a pinch I can pull my 69 SF Deluxe Reverb or my 66 BF Pro Reverb apart and take some pictures if you really need it, but I know you're smart guy.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Original DR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	821462I found this photo when I was searching for my build. First one I've seen with the dual caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                  Run an 18g ground wire for the first main filter cap negative lead and over to the screen cap's negative end. Then right to the chassis ground where you'll ground the red/yellow wire from the hi-v center tap (or anodes of a FWB) to the chassis....
                  or, you could run the red/yellow wire right up to where the first main filter cap is mounted and connect it to the negative lead and over to the screen cap's negative lead... etc.
                  I like to use a master ground plane.... like the brass plate Fender used... but you can use 14g-18g buss wire on the back of all the pots too.
                  Make sure the pots and jacks have star washers behind them to dig into the chassis.... brass or not so they are well grounded.
                  Use zinc coated star washers, not black anodized.
                  Hum seems to be reduced when the other filter caps are grounded right near the source of the signal path.
                  Like when you ground the cathodes of the 1st preamp stage right at the same place the input jacks are grounded.... the B+ filtered node to the plate loads of those stages respond well if those cap's ground leads are near the exact same place as the stage is on the board and chassis too.
                  Kerry, in a pinch I can pull my 69 SF Deluxe Reverb or my 66 BF Pro Reverb apart and take some pictures if you really need it, but I know you're smart guy.
                  Ha thanks Bruce and yes I will figure it out, I just wanted to run those wires right and see if they went under the board for a reason but that gives me some good options on the ground and think they will be ok if I follow the schemo & layout.
                  KB

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Moore View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14968[/ATTACH]I found this photo when I was searching for my build. First one I've seen with the dual caps.
                    Thanks Bill, that is a very good shot of layout and will come in handy.
                    KB

Comment

Working...
                    X