Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JTM45-50 Kit

Greetings All:
    I get email notifications from TubeDepot, because I buy tubes occasionally.
    I received a Notice that they have a new JTM45 Marshall Clone Kit.
    There is a Video, Instruction PDF Files, and a Template for the Turret board, Designed by Robert Hull.
    I researched the Layout, and it is actually a JCM800 Super Lead Amp with a Switchable Tube, or Diode Rectifier.
    You can use the rectifier Tube, or switch to solid state Rectifiers.
    The Kit includes a Master Volume, they put it in one of the 4 Input Jk Holes.
    It has a switch to select different resistor for NFB.
    Not trying to advertise for them, but not many kits available in the states now.
    This is a real improvement to the Mojo Kit.
    IMO the Mojo Kit is poorly layed out, and is too high for what you get.
    Classic British JTM45+ Tube Guitar Amp Kit - Head
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

It looks nice though it's bad practice to use 1N4007 as the rectifier diodes for a 2 phase B+ winding, as it's likely that they'll have close on / over 1kV peak across them. However, they do seem to withstand it. Pete.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
      It looks nice though it's bad practice to use 1N4007 as the rectifier diodes for a 2 phase B+ winding, as it's likely that they'll have close on / over 1kV peak across them. However, they do seem to withstand it. Pete.
      That's the diode usually used.
      Usually there are 2 or 3 diodes in series.
      Maybe go to the 3A diode, if you are only using 1.
      That could be improved, but overall It seems to be a pretty well thought out kit, compared to Others out there.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Looks like a good quality kit with good instructions. Nice to have choices.

Comment

Terry, I got that email too and was curious about the kit. Despite not having bought any kits from TD, just their tubes and supplies (good service BTW), I've watched their videos on youtube.

IIRC a while ago they had some kits with an error on the board layout, they were selling them at a discount because of that. I almost bought one just to build me a practice amp.
          Valvulados

Comment

I like TD, I call and talk to there tech Robert Hull.
            He is a very smart guy.
            I bought most of my 2204 Parts from them.
            Pretty good prices on their tubes.
            Terry
            Terry

Comment

I think that is what i want to build .but using mojotone parts
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
              X