Follow along please. I'll probably have questions. I'll certainly have pics.

I'm a big fan of super drip super surfy reverb. The Fender 6G15 is the key. I want to build my own*, so away we go.

* I'm a hobbyist builder/tinkerer. I've built only one complete amp in my life, and it works great, and I have modded/maintained/repaired/restored several others. I might barely be more advanced than a novice, but I'm not totally lost all the time.

Anyway, the Weber 5G15 kit. Some of the parts are pretty corny. They'll work, but they obviously could be better. I'm pretty much staying with what it comes with. It's simple enough that I feel like I could just try it as-is and see how it goes. I can replace stuff later if need be. I've got a few upgrades laying around from other projects, so I'll use them, but I'm not replacing too much that doesn't need to be replaced.

I did order a MOD 4AB3C1C reverb tank. It hangs vertical, like the originals are supposed to. The kit comes with a 7th digit "B" Accuntronics tank...which means it's supposed to be used horizontal, open side down. I'd use it if it actually fit that way in the little cabinet! It would require a few little notches cut into the mounting flange. Not a big deal, but I'll just save it for something else and get a more "correct" tank. 23 bucks. No big deal. The cabinet does have studs installed that are meant for a vertical hanging reverb tank.

Anyway, here's some pics of where it's at so far...