5E3 HISS with pedals !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 HISS with pedals !!

I finally bought a Line6 Verbzilla. Although the reverbs sound really good, the hiss level is doubled when used through my Deluxe. Actually, any pedal that I use greatly increases hiss. It may not be an issue when playing with a band, but it's really annoying when I'm playing alone. Bruce actually praised the Verbzilla/Deluxe combination a while back. I'm wondering if anybody has the same 5E3/hiss when using pedals ?

My 5E3 is dead quiet. But hook up a boss MT2 and a PS3 and it hisses like a mother.

I think part of it is just the old timey circuit. Maybe some tubes shields might help (I don't have em). Maybe shielding the chassis cover might help (mine is unshielded). Those are pretty low dollar solutions, though.
    In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

If it hisses with pedals, but doesn't hiss with the straight guitar, then it isn;t the amp's fault. The amp has no idea what is plugged into it, it can;t magically turn on the hiss for one thing and not another.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        it can;t magically turn on the hiss for one thing and not another.
        Well true, since I removed the magic pedal-detecting hiss box I had installed, at least.
        In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X