New build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build...

Hi, I'm a new member here. Here's some pics of my new 5E3 build.

Got any pointers on mods or tweaks?

Last edited by blueboxer; 04-15-2009, 10:14 PM.

Very nice looking build

Congratulations. I'm considering a 5E3 build myself. Did you source those parts separately or from a kit? Is that a Weber TV front?

Comment

Here's an updated shot of the inside.

Comment

Great job! Wiring looks well thought-out, and the cab/chassis are lovely. The TV front tweed cab looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by mbratch View Post
          Great job! Wiring looks well thought-out, and the cab/chassis are lovely. The TV front tweed cab looks cool.
          Thanks. It was a pleasure to build and sounds wonderful!

Comment

Nice job.

Where did you get the Fender badge and the Tube Chart?

Comment

Originally posted by erndawg View Post
              Nice job.

Where did you get the Fender badge and the Tube Chart?
              I bought the logo a few years ago at the Dallas Guitar Show. I made the tube chart.

Comment

Fender takes a dim view of people putting their trademarked name on anything they didn't make.
                WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                  Fender takes a dim view of people putting their trademarked name on anything they didn't make.
                  I understand... but if you read the tube chart, it clearly states "Reproduction of".

I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Comment

It can be an issue, even with "reproduction of" written there. That's why you don't find suppliers out there selling Fender logos or face plates with logos. But, you'll be fine as long as you don't try to sell it publicly and appear to be passing it off as a Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by mbratch View Post
                      It can be an issue, even with "reproduction of" written there. That's why you don't find suppliers out there selling Fender logos or face plates with logos. But, you'll be fine as long as you don't try to sell it publicly and appear to be passing it off as a Fender.
                      Thanks for the kind words of encouragement mbratch.

I plan on keeping this amp as I've wanted one for a very, very long time!

It should also be noted that I have never once in this thread referred to this amplifier as a F*nd*r product. It is a replica/ tribute if you will.

Comment

Nice job.

I have a wiring question on the wiring to the standby switch.

Does B+, compared to no stand by switch, go to the stand by switch, from the board to the switch and then the other terminal on the switch to the socket where B= would go normally? Or is there some other way?

The reason I ask, is that I built a 5e3 and it works fine. But when I throw it in standby from on, it hisses, like the tube vents or something. And none of my other Fender amps do such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by fmarshall View Post
                          Nice job.

I have a wiring question on the wiring to the standby switch.

Does B+, compared to no stand by switch, go to the stand by switch, from the board to the switch and then the other terminal on the switch to the socket where B= would go normally? Or is there some other way?

The reason I ask, is that I built a 5e3 and it works fine. But when I throw it in standby from on, it hisses, like the tube vents or something. And none of my other Fender amps do such a thing.
                          Try a .05 uf cap connected to the standby switch terminal (where the the rectifer B+ wire is connected to the standby switch) and then to ground. That should swamp out any standby switch noise... worked on mine.

Comment

Great, Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                            X