Build order on a 5E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build order on a 5E3

So tis amp is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle in terms of order. Its going nicely and Bruce's kit is great. I am at the juncture where I should solder the ground wires to the bras plate... tricky. Seems like it might best be done before the plate is installed?? Any tips?

Ange

Not a bad idea to attach them before mounting in the chassis. Rough the area up with sand paper and use a good hot iron. If you have trouble with that, you might consider drilling a small hole to make a mechanical connection, then solder.

Haven't done it myself in this method as my iron gererates sufficinet heat(rarely use the brass plate unless being period correct anyway), but I assume it would be a good strong way to assure the connection.

Have fun.
    Mandopicker

Comment

I just got my Mission kit today. I assumed the instructions would be more step by step but I can figure it out from the pictures. What the pictures don't tell you is the order that things should be done. Being a mechanical engineer, I started with the things I could use a wrench on, jacks, pots, etc.

Comment

Mission Amps Kits

Rats.. sorry I missed this thread.

Most, or at least many, of my kit builders email or call me before starting to get a little leg up on the building process.
        This also gives me a chance to access the builders skill level so I can adjust the amount of help needed.
        Please don't ever be shy to ask for any help what so ever... and that goes to builders using other vendor's kits too.
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
          Please don't ever be shy to ask for any help what so ever... and that goes to builders using other vendor's kits too.
          AMAZING! Bruce you are generous beyond words to make such a statement. If anyone deserves success in the amp business it is you. I built my 5e3 with scrounged parts but I will suggest your kits exclusively after reading this one statement!

Comment

Working...
          X