5E3 Volume ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 Volume ??

Love my Mission 5E3 amp, but..... what is the deal with the volume knobs?? I am told by a reliable source and heard his vintage amp, that this is normal on these amps. Can someone please explain what the design idea on these volume pots is, was?? Also on Normal Volume knob at about 10 the tone starts rolling off highs?? The interactivity of these vol knobs is also very strange??

ange

This is actually considered part of their charm. Just keep tweaking the knobs (including the volume control for the channel your NOT using) until it sounds good.

I read an artical about Neal Young's rig. His Deluxe is set up with a servo motor pot for stage adjustments on the fly. On the volume control of the channel he's NOT using.

This really is considered a standard way to adjust the tone on these amps from what I've read. In fairness I have never owned one. But if your really upset by it I think Bruce has a recommended mod to make the volume controls more independant. But you may lose some of the available tones with the interactive volume controls.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yep, that's the way they work.

The 5E3 has taught me more about "set and forget" on the amp, and control the volume/tone from the guitar. Once I adapted that paradyme, I have found it to be an amazing amp.

Comment

Working...
      X