Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5E3 Build - Test Problem Fixed

Follow-up to: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t16577/

Looks like C10 was the problem (bad cap). I replaced it and no more sizzle. After I took a few voltage readings and some other checks... I plugged in the strat and let 'er rip for about 30 minutes (cranked with a MiniMass... dimed it for a bit). Sounds fantastic. Didn't get hot anywhere (other than the power tubes) Wow!

Thanks again for everyone's help.

I bypassed the Mass with the amp vol at 4 and when I hit certain notes I got a little resonant buzz. Not sure if it wad the amp or something else in the room resonating. It was not too bad, but still... it was there. I will have to check that out.

If I dime the amp (bypassing the Mass)... I get white noise (which is to be expected). How can I determine if it is a normal amount or something where I can improve it? Any ideas? I have another Fender tube amp. I thought one way to have a frame of reference is to do an A/B whitenoise check (by ear).
    I am learning. My posts should not be considered as expert advice or suggestions for you to implement... on the contrary, I am looking for expert advice!
Working...
X